Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Joys Of Cinemas

I want to be a ballerina. And a musical prodigy.

Now, i've always liked these ideas, but they've been ignited this evening my the movies i've been watching.

The first was Centre Stage - a classic. Beautiful ballerinas struggling through the American Ballet Academy, desperate to make the company. I love this movie, i'll watch it on repeat for hours and hours. The dancing is beautiful, so graceful, so emotional and raw. It calms me. I want to be a ballerina... i have a long body, long legs, a long neck, i'm flexible... if i was skinny, i'd totally take ballet classes.

The second movie was August Rush. I've never seen it before, but have wanted to for months. English and i were going to watch it - but, as a male, he prefers movies with a plethora of 'dude''s and usually some guns or something, so we never got around to it. My brother gave me a downloaded version and i watched it - it's fantastic! I love it (and it has Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Freddie Highmore). Possibly, i love it more than Centre Stage. But this movie is about music, the other is about dancing. There's such a huge difference. I can feel music running through my soul and it puts me to rest. I want to be able to create music like that. I don't really have the talent though...but i could work on it. English totally missed out.

I sense that i'll be watching these over and over for the next few days. And who knows? Maybe ten years from now i'll be able to dance and play the piano.

No comments: