Monday, July 02, 2007

100 Things

I've been told that it's about time i did the '100 things' post. You know, 100 things that you probably don't know about me, and entirely possibly don't care about, but am going to tell you anyway :P Ready?

100 THINGS ABOUT ME

1. I was born at 11.30pm on April 29th, 1989 - exactly 40 years later than my dad, which means i have to do the shared-birthday thing.
2. I used to think that i could breathe under water - now, i don't want to try because i'll probably prove myself wrong...
3. I still sleep with a teddy - and i don't plan to stop anytime soon.
4. The previews are pretty much the best part of going to the movies - it's basically half a dozen mini-movies!
5. I have incredibly mood swings. Literally one minute i can be estatic over the tiniest thing, then something equally miniscule can send me to the depths of despair. It doesn't help that i'm very dramatic.
6. I got glasses at age 9 or so, and they were Paddington Bear ones! These days (and since i was 11), it's contact lenses all the way. Just so you know? Just because i put them in in the mornings, doesn't mean that i plan on going anywhere!
7. I think waaaay to much. If you ever say something that has even the slightest possibility of meaning something else, then i'll probably misinterpret - in a negative way.
8. The only time i went to the snow it had melted and was just slush. We toboganned anyway and before i went down the slope i decided that it was the edge of the earth and used my hands to stop myself, cutting them to shreds on the ice.
9. I've decided that my earliest memory is sitting on a skateboard with my half-brother, playing with my recorder and my little computer that played spelling games.
10. I wish that i had special powers like the Halliwell sisters or Hogwarts students.
11. I say that my family is complicated and not normal and i really don't think that i'm exaggerating.
12. I have almost zero confidence - and to make up for that i often act overly confident. This mistakenly leads people to believe that i am arrogant.
13. I set goals that are often too high and am devestated when i can't reach them.
14. I secretly would love to go on Australian Idol.
15. I get incredibly jealous very easily. I don't like playing second fiddle.
16. I love my blog, even though it often gets me in trouble and i don't think many people read it.
17. I usually don't let myself cry, because i worry that i'll never stop. Most people don't know that i cry, even when i do.
18. I worry about my family and having to look after them.
19. I collect cow things - i've got a whole shelf of them.
20. I've got a million (ok, about a dozen) photo albums and i love to look through them and remember all the fun i've had.
21. I tend to think that i can do anything if i set my mind to it, but i'm not sure if that's true.
22. I honestly believe that pretty people have an easier life. Oh, and i think that skinny = pretty in most people's eyes.
23. I love little children. Actually, i love most children. But i'm much better with boys that i am with girls.
24. I've always liked fruit and veggies. My mother was pleased.
25. I can't stand my room being messy. Even when it's spotless, my mother wants it to be cleaner.
26. On that note, my mum makes me clean before the cleaner comes.
27. My dad is an accountant. It's most definately not a skill that runs in the family.
28. I don't like to wear shoes. It just annoys me.
29. I have a huge mouth, a slightly crooked smile (no braces for me!) and can touch my nose with my tongue.
30. I suck at almost all 'land-sports' - i'm just not that coordinated.
31. I'm really unlucky. Seriously.
32. I desparately want to be able to play guitar and piano, but i haven't quite found the drive.
33. I often like guy-friends better than girl-friends sometimes. They're just far less complicated.
34. I never like to throw things away. I keep practically everything.
35. I like cold milo better than warm milo.
36. I love having bonfires. I'm a pyromaniac at heart.
37. I get bored easily - i always want to be having fun.
38. A girls' hair is a difficult thing to maintain.
39. I hate my nose. It's been broken too many times (waterpolo, badminton raquets...).
40. I've stolen pillows from aeroplanes before and they're currently on my beanbag.
41. When i get text messages, i often don't look to see what they're about - i prefer to think that they're really exciting and i hate being disapointed when they're not.
41. I'm often the person who's making other laugh - either because of my stunning wit or my embarassing moments.
42. I love people fairly easily. If they're nice to me, i'm as loyal as anything. It's not uncommon to hear me exclaim 'Oh! I love him/her/them/that!'. I usually mean it at the time. Obviously, i know that it's not love-love.
43. Boys need to understand that we wear heels to impress them but aren't willing to keep silent about the pain - they need to be more grateful!
44. I'm a romantic.
45. I love scaring myself to death by watching scary movies.
46. I worry about the people that i love dying.
47. I love music - playing it, singing it, hearing it; i just wish that i was better at writing it.
48. My mother wants me to be a journalist or an author. She has more faith in my 'talents' that i do.
49. I wish my family was one where we were all close and there were many cousins - the types that you see in movies.
50. Americans annoy me. I'm yet to meet a nice one who will change my mind.
51. I'm a tomboy most of the time - but i'm not so great with sports.
52. I got my first kiss at 17. So i could actually say that i was sweet sixteen and never kissed.
53. I used to have an underbite so the dentist made my push my top teeth forward with paddlepop sticks until it was better.
54. I've never broken a bone (but i've fractured a few fingers and my nose).
55. I've been to Fiji, China, Kuala Lumpur and India. I can't wait to see the rest of the world.
56. I worry that if i have a girl baby i won't love it as much as i would if it were a boy.
57. I have way too much stationary.
58. I used to write in a diary everyday and i always regretted stopping. Though i suppose that this blog is an ok second.
59. I always wanted to ride horses.
60. Spiders creep me out to the extreme.
61. I always want to know everything.
62. I don't believe people who tell me that i'm mature, but i hate it when people say that i'm immature.
63. I wish that i had sisters that i was really close to.
64. I think that new-born babies are perfect, because nobody has had a chance to hurt them yet.
65. At the moment, i spend lots of time watching DVDs on my computer.
66. I tend to impulse-buy. I've got lots of things that i've never ended up wearing more than once.
67. I hate shopping, because the ugly things always fit, while the nice ones don't.
68. I hate it when i spend ages painting my nails and then knock them against something before they're dry.
69. I'm really tall and it annoys me, because lots of my friends are really short and i feel like a giant.
70. I have a gap between my front teeth. Thankfully, it's smaller than it used to be.
71. My family has always had cats. They're just so cute and fluffy!
72. I care too much about other people. I let it worry me.
73. I tend to do what people ask of me, even if i've already got too much on my plate.
74. I can't stand failing.
75. I have awful taste in guys. I only like the ones who aren't good for me. The ones that are good for me hold no interest.
76. If i get one of a set, i always want to get the rest of the set.
77. One wall in my room is bright green. It's very cheery.
78. If we're going somewhere, i like to drive (ie. to be in control).
79. I like ties. They're always in such pretty colours.
80. I love to talk. Not because i like the sound of my own voice, but mainly because i always have something to say.
81. I always have strong opinions on things, but i keep them to myself if someone i admire intensley has a differing opinion and will argue fiercely with me.
82. That said, i love a good argument. I hate to lose them.
83. I like to write poetry. But i usually don't show it to people.
84. I like honesty - but that's not to say that i always use it.
85. I can keep secrets. But i don't like to. I always wish there were people that i could tell absolutely everything to - just one person would do.
86. I don't drink coffee because it stunts your growth (even though i don't want to be taller), it makes your teeth yellow and it keeps you up late - and i already don't sleep enough. However, i wish i liked coffee, because it speeds up your metabolism and keeps you awake when you're tired.
87. I am a person who is full of opposites.
88. When i like someone/something, i will like that someone/something for a LONG time.
89. I hate first impressions. I make an awful one. But i'm always willing to reassess my first impressions of other people.
90. I love movies. Pretty much anything.
91. I get along better with people that i argue with. I know, it doesn't make sense.
92. I like shiny things. In that respect, i am very much like a magpie.
93. Stupidity annoys me. Patience is not one of my virtues.
94. I go to church. My family doesn't.
95. I've lost a lot of best friends over time. I'm always worrying about when i'll lose the next one.
96. I'd do anything for my friends. It annoys my mother.
97. My little brother and i look incredibly similar.
98. I'm jealous of my older half sister, because she's the perfect one. My older half brother is an idiot (therefore, he annoys me).
99. When i was young, the neighbours and i used to go door to door selling lemonade, just like they do in the movies.
100. I seriously doubt that people will be interested in the contents of this list. But i expect you all to read it anyway!

Annie
xxx

3 comments:

RosalieGrace said...

OK, just a few things...
- we should watch charmed together sometime.
- 50 - completely agree. although my american mormon friend was sweet, but still annoying. mainly because she was a mormon though.
- 86...this has changed right? otherwise i may not want to be friends with you anymore...:P
- 28 speaking of, your shoes are STILL at church...gosh...:P
- 1 to 100 we have so many things in common lol...

Annabel said...

hehe no, i drink coffee now, yay!!! they just served me a teeny one in grenoble...

and i should give those shoes to the poor, i have new ones now...

RosalieGrace said...

lol i'll be poor, my sandals are giving me blisters...i'm sure sneakers will look great with a maxi dress...