Sunday, April 15, 2007

Who's Who Of The Hovel

Occupants of the Hovel

There are a few people who make regular appearances in my blog. So, for the sake of your understanding, here's a bit of a run down of the regulars...

Key Hovel-ites


Annie
That's me! The hovel is my baby (and my favourite place to sit and blog!). I'm too hard to explain... but reading the hovel should be a start!


English
Guess what? I have a boyfriend. Not to brag, but he might just be the best boyfriend ever. Not only does he pay for dates, want to dance with me, watch One Tree Hill with me, gives the best cuddles in the world and likes Poke’mon, but he thinks i’m gorgeous, cute and all around fantastic. I’ve never had anyone think of me the way that he does before. Our relationship took a long time to get off the ground, and even now we tend to make things fairly complicated for ourselves, but he’s fantastic and he makes me happy. So that’s all that matters.


Loz
Lucky enough to hold one of the limited and coveted positions of bestest friends, Loz is a church-bud, also at uni this year. Known her forever and ever! We watch way too many dvds, spend way too much money (damned impulse shopping!), party too hard and have all sorts of adventures. Currently? We’re loving yoga and saving up to drive up the east coast and see all of the ‘big things’ in Australia.

Brian/Bri
Yet another bud, also at uni, Bri is one who is treated to late night msn conversations with me, often irrational, always amusing. We're party buddies (i don't think we've ever had a bad night out!) and have official rights to bitching about life on msn as often as we like. We alternatively love and hate boys. As women, that's our perogative.

Noodle

Noodle is a total dude, who shares my cynicism and anger-at-the-world... when we get together, conversations are loud, gesticulations are many, blood pressure is high and venting is a must.


Miha
Crazy, crazy girl, she's always up for a (super-loud) laugh, but we're both way too busy to get together often enough! So, we catch up over coffee dates at Windy Point – maccas coffee and lots of laughs.


LozK
A new-er buddy, we spend hours on msn discussing the complexities of life. And she's a faithful commenter (and sometimes poster!) on the blog! Definate bonus points for her. At uni this year, LozK is destined to be a smartie! We’re major party buddies.


El
El is one of my awesome uni friends, super smart and helpful. She does Bachata (dance) with me, and shares a love of craptastic films (think High School Musical and Wild Child), as well as a desire to download as much tv as possible before our internet quota runs out. We have lots of fun together.


Zaz

Zaz is a new friend i met at church. I really like her – she’s a little bit kooky but we get along really well (kooky minds think alike...). I really hope that one day we’ll be great mates, but these things take time. For now, we share a desire to dress like evil fairies on Halloween, a love of Buffy and our crazy sense of logic.

Churchites

Shirtless Buddy #1

Only a youngun, another church boy, one of the best guitarists his age that i've ever met! He's a rower, which doesn't stand him in good stead, but i love him anyway. We've got one of those mutual admiration societies going. We watch lots of movies, and get along famously. He’s one of those people who i’d like to know for life. His brother looks like one of the Beatles!

Married Man
Only 21, i still can't believe it. Hence the name. It's a fixative point. We miss him, he's too busy being married now to hang out and party with us anymore! But he does still find time to lend me the new Coldplay cd!

Mr.Music
Yes, it's a terrible name. But, for lack of another, it'll have to do. Feel free to offer ideas! Mr. Music is, obviously, a big one for the music. Guitar, piano, drums, harps - you name it, he plays it. A law boy too, he's saved me from many a lunch alone (and helped me with assignments!). He has a major dose of the travel bug and has been all over the world, lucky guy. Poor boy has decided he wants to be on my list of 'people i trust'...

Dr.B
Crazy little man, also my boss, also my friend. Father of the cutest babies in the world (yes, now there are TWO!!), he's an absolute legend. Not sure what i'd do without him and his lovely wife.

The South African
Fairly self explanatory - he's south african and an absolute legend. One of the nicest, funniest guys i've ever met. We work together and he has taken on the role of 'older brother'... which is both sweet and excruciating!! Occasionally, his brother, The South African's Brother (gorgeous) gets a mention too - lol, aren't i just ever so creative with my names?

Saviour Dave
A name from long ago that stuck, SD once saved me from a tricky situation - hence the name. He's in a band so he gets automatic cool-points!

My Weight-Lifting Buddy

Again, it's self-explanatory. He's my bud and he lifts weights! And he's really good! I'm talking Australian champ type good. I'm very proud!

LittleM
One of my little friends at church, we drive each other insane - the 'what, are you two married?' comments tend to flow thick and fast. Good friends though. I'm his official helper when it comes to girls. We fight like cat and dog half the time, and are as thick as thieves the rest of the time...

Tickle-Me Elmo
Another churchie, this boy reminds me of Elmo and has a thing for tickling people - and hence the name was born. Absolute legend. He's 18 now, so all sorts of partying fun can be had.

Rev.J
Reverend at our church and almost like a father to me, this man is someone who means a lot to me and is always there for me - and i know for a fact that he keeps up to date on the happenings of the hovel! One of the people i admire more than any other.

Uni Buds

Pie
Pie is my buddy who is at uni with me - one of very few people i have to keep me entertained between classes! Obviously another uni buddy and a church pal - different church though.

Felix the Cat
My awesome uni-buddy! Yes, i have a friend! And he's a legend; he understands about as much as i do, which is very little, so we've bonded over our mutual lost-ness. Poor boy, i feel sorry for him being saddled with me as a friend!

Amz
A new uni friend (bringing the total up to TWO)! She’s great fun and we suffer through psych together... skipping classes and frantically trying to catch up afterwards!

B
She's a first year law girl too, whom i met through TinyTim and co. Love her, she's a total party girl, really smart and we share uni/boy/life problems as well as a drink or two! Glad i met her and her crazy red lipstick.

School Friends

Sporting Buddy

SB is one of my best friends. She's not all that sporty i suppose (well, no more than the average healthy teenager) but she's been SB on the blog since inception, all because of a little spooning incident oh so long ago. My waterpolo bud, my boy-liking buddy and my all around confidant, she's back from a year in the UK and is loving her new med-studying life. Lucky duckie!


Freckles
A med girl and one very smart cookie, Freckles is one of the Posse through and through. You've got to love her! Many brownie points to her for her love of coloured stockings!

Ray
A waterpolo bud, she shared a certain affection for a certain coach :P What, with that and her being one of the four year fours, along with me, we've got the instant bond going on. We love singing and used to rock out in choir together.

George
One of the few girls who i can call the same thing on the blog as i can in real life; George! Another good mate, she makes the blog pretty often, usually tagging along on whatever adventure i'm off to have. Another med girl, she's so busy i hardly get to see her anymore!!

The Guys

Horse-Boy
Ok, this was definitely not my choice of nickname. A lovely boy, a great waterpolo coach - and someone who does NOT resemble a horse in any way. A big smile is lovely! Hmph. Haven't seen him in ages, but he still makes the blog from time to time.

Rudolph
Yes, as in -the-red-nose-reindeer. He just had a red nose one night... but we're mates. Long chats about all the deepness of the universe, good hugs (i love a good hug) and he gets brownie points for putting up with all of us girlies at Schoolies! He’s a great guy – and even still likes me after he spent the night in the bathroom with me, holding my head over the toilet...

Tiny Tim

Once Loz's 'special friend', then i suppose he was mine... but now he's now a good mate of mine who i see quite a lot of. Hilarious guy. Usually, he's not 100% sober... but that just adds to his intriuge. He's studying film at uni and having a blast. Very short tho... Oh - he gets bonus points for introducing me to his awesome mate, Hodge, who thinks i'm an 'awesome chiller' and is one of the coolest guys i know. I adore him. Along with Hodge and TinyTim came Wils and LeeMan and a bunch of other awesome guys who love to go out drinking and dancing with me. Wils and Lee are possibly some of the most lovely, gorgeous guys that i know.


Wally & Norm
Two of the guys who we somehow got to know... i'm not even sure where from, but now they turn up everywhere! Lots of fun, always up for a good time and a drink or two.

Randoms

My half-sister, Pix, and my half-brother, Pon, who turn up from time to time in life. They, along with my little brother, Pickle, are the other three kiddies (though Pix and Pon can hardly be called 'kiddies') that make up my family.

The Librarian
An ex-church buddy, now just a four-times-a-year-for-coffee buddy, she's been dubbed the librarian because it's something that truly disguises what she is; she's anything but quiet, subdued and studious! Oh, and she's married now!!!!

Ok, i'm quite over the naming of people. I know there are heaps more but i think that's enough for now - i never realised i knew so many people! Or at least mentioned so many on the blog. Well, we can't forget about Dodd or Vivs and Chlo, my party buddies. Plus there are a bunch of other church-ites, and gorgeous boys about town who'll get the occasional mention. But i'm sure you'll get to know them in time!

That's all from me now,

Night!

No comments: