Sunday, February 22, 2009

Saturday

I'm back! Darling Elmo fixed my computer and it's all working! Hurrah!

That's perfect, as now i can tell you all about the latest trouble i've got myself into - and out of.

At stateswim, i ended up with six squirming littluns in my lane (the max is 6). I hailed Loz over to help me with the urgency of a Londoner desperate to hail down a cab. The supervisor came over and didn't yell at me for juggling so many babies, which was good, seeing as it was their stuff up that had landed me with the extra babies. I did, however, look like a total idiot when one of my babies was tested and i'd said she could swim well - but the poor baby was exhausted and didn't do too well, so it just looked like i had no idea how to teach. Damned job. I applied somewhere else last week; fingers crossed i get it.

Last night was youth group - band practice was pretty fun. It was ShirtlessBuddy's first time as band-leader and i think he did a great job. I helped him out a little, because he's far from confident that he's up for the job, but i bet that he'll whip the others into shape in no time at all. Youth group was fine (though i did get in trouble for sitting up the back and making noise during the mini-sermon; in my defence, i'd listened to the first 3/4 but everyone's attention span was wandering), though i've lost a lot of my enthusiasm for working with the kids at the moment. It's a struggle to be enthused and involved. I'm hoping i'll pick up again soon, because i'm worried i'm a bit of a dead weight at the moment.

Afterwards, the SouthAfrican, English and i headed to Villis 24hr bakehouse, where LittleM works. We hung out there for over an hour. We imposed a 'cone of silence' and had D&M's about all sorts of things. Naturally, my love life came up. Apparently, the boys agree on some things;

1. i have some dodgy friends.
2. it's 'funny' that my friend cheated on me with the guy i was seeing and everyone else knew about it (i disagree on this point, very strongly)
3. i have a volcanic temper that is likened to Krakatoa, which means that i'll just explode occasionally.
4. due to the fact that i can put my fist in my mouth and don't take very long to get ready, it's bizzare that i am apparently unable to find a boyfriend
5. i should get angry at the people that treat me like shit, even when they tell me not to

These things were all meant to be good things. Or self-help type things. I'm not sure what to make of it all. I've decided not to think too much about it. We then moved on to focus on one of the others, and began discussing a topic that made me feel like someone was knifing me. I tried to cover it up, but i'm not sure how successful i was. It got pretty busy around 11pm so we left.

English came over to watch some movies, even though it was late. We watched Dude, Where's My Car and Without A Paddle... i think my IQ was lowered significantly from watching these movies, even though i liked the excessive use of the word 'dude' and the hand sign that accompanied the word 'Zoltan'. It was late by the time the movies were finished and i took English home - i was exhausted. However, once home, we continued to text one another for another half hour. Not much sleep for us before we had to turn up for sunday school! But at least we're not fighting anymore and i don't have that horrible pit in my stomach that i get when people are angry at me.

It feels like it's been a long weekend. I know that it's been a long week. It went slowly and was emotionally draining. It was a definate down week. I'm not back up and swinging yet, but we'll see how this week goes. I've got a few big nights out, which will either give me a high from dancing with friends, or a low from various other things. Only time will tell.

At least now my computer is back, i'll be able to keep cyber space updated.



No comments: