Monday, February 16, 2009

Sunny To Stormy

Have a quick re-read of last weeks posts. I sound like a different person; all happy and glowy about my life. It was a really awesome week.

As of saturday, it was a whole new week, and the world reverted to 'crap-fest 09'. The friend who wrote the letter? I responded. I now assume that friendship is pretty much over. Bye-bye ex-best-friend. The friend who was being bitchy? She's turned up the heat on the anti-annabel campaign. Now it's snide comments behind my back (which are inevitably repeated to me within minutes) and completely ignoring me when we're together. Not even a 'hello' when we're face to face. Not even the slackest guides to ettiquette would rule this as decent behaviour. Friend two, au revoir.

I can handle the loss of girlfriends - because hate mail and bitching are both things that i can cut from my life of drama.

Throw friend three into the mix, and i crumpled. Yelling matches over nothing, avoiding whatever the real problem is, alternating between not speaking to each other and joking around. The joking lasts seconds, the yelling lasts seconds, the freeze-out lasts indefinately. It's beyond awful. Joy joy joy.

This kind of (non-)confrontation leaves me a wreck. I can't focus, i can't function... i hate being this way. I hate how people don't talk about things. I hate how friendships with people that have really influenced your life seem to get complicated so easily.

Grumble Grumble.

Maybe, from now on, i'll alternate between one good week and one bad week. That would probably be ok?

No comments: