Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!

Hi blogosphere! I've missed you. Thanks to the hectic ups and downs of everyday life, i've had my Blogger dashboard sitting in my browser window for weeks, but i haven't had time!! So let me catch up.

The biggest thing that's happened? I turned 21! 

For the first time in a few years, there were no emotional dramas and i managed to enjoy the day. Boyfriend and i went shopping... i bought a sparkly pair of high heels (ok, so they're not the most comfortable, but they were 50% OFF!! and so pretttttty and shiny), some shiny flats (ok, maybe two pairs, because they were on sale), some cheapie gold flats to wear with my party dress so that when my heels inevitably got sore i could do a swapsies... it was a good shoe day. Boyfriend was so patient. I rewarded him with lunch. And then we went DVD shopping. And bought him a while new outfit to wear to my party. He looked so handsome. And he was so patient and lovely. We even went shopping for a shiny new camera. It's beautiful and small and shiny and AWESOME!

I had an icky work meeting with my old boss, but i'm just deciding not to think about that **mind wipe!** We had family tea, which was pretty chilled, as my auntie and grandpa weren't there. And then i spent the night having cuddles with my lovely boyfriend, who was definitely in the good books for being so patient as he wandered back and forth in the shops with me. 

As for pressies? Mum and dad gave me a painting, that i absolutely love. It's hard to explain, but it's perfectly 'me'. Thumbs up to mum for making a great pick. My brother gave me eiffel tower bookends, i got pearl earrings from Nan, and Jen (auntie) gave me a really cool, quirky necklace that i love. But the best present of all? That would be my gorgeous, shiny, silver Tiffany's bracelet from my boyfriend. He knew i loved it, and even though i told him not to get it (it may have cost a small fortune...) - he did anyway! He's so lovely. 
All in all, a lovely birthday. 

No comments: