Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Mum

Today is mum's birthday, so we went out for dinner. 

My family is crazy. We don't always get on. My parents love me, but i've always been a prickly person. Tonight, i was just invisible. Invisible, or not good enough. Want the examples of how?

1. As soon as we sat down, mum and dad started harassing me about doing in internship at a law firm, so i could see what it's like. I don't want to do an internship. I'm already crazy busy. I don't even know if i want to do law. That lead to them angrily telling me that i needed to start seriously thinking about what i was going to do with my life. Gee, thanks, it's not like i'm not already worried that i have no ambition. Thanks for being supportive.
2. Mum and dad were talking to my brother about the football match he wants to see, because that's the date they will go on the family trip to melbourne to see my sister and her baby. My protests that i didn't know if i could go then were ignored. Looks like i'll be staying home. 
3. My dad asked me how long i'd had two holes in my left ear. It's been a year. 
4. We were talking about insuring the house and contents. I wanted mum to include my books and dvds. I have literally hundreds of books in my room. At an average price of $20 each, that's approximately $8000, at the very least. And that's just the ones on the shelves in my room - not the ones packaged in the roof, or downstairs. Or my dvds. Worthy of insuring, if you ask me. Mum laughed. And moved on to the next topic. 
5. I was telling mum that i'd had to forge a friend's signature the other day, which i thought was fairly cool. Mum turned to my brother and started talking to him. When i repeated myself, she said 'yea, i heard you'. Gee, thanks for acknowledging me.

So. I have no girl friends. And my parents either see right through me, or think i suck. Fan-fricking-tastic. Don't even get me started on all the other things they routinely yell at me about. I don't want to get any more miserable tonight.

No comments: