Monday, March 22, 2010

It's my birthday soon!! I'll be 21, yay! I like birthdays, i get to be spoilt, i get pressies, and i've lasted another year on this earth. This year, i also have a reason to have a big party. Woo! My last two birthdays haven't been great, thanks to some brothers who had a tendency to make my life miserable. Thankfully, one of them reformed, and is desparate to make up for his jerk-ishness this year. Unfortunately, this is involving him saving all his money, which he can't afford! But nothing will talk him out of it. However, i know what he plans on getting me, and it's gorgeous, so i'm very much looking forward to it.

As far as i'm concerned, it isn't the amount that someone spends on a present that is important. It's the thought behind it. I could get a present worth $2 as long as it shows that someone has put thought into it.

For example, the thing that i want most for my birthday this year is a scrapbook from my best friend. A few years ago, i made a scrapbook for a friend. It was amazing, and i wished i could've kept it. I love things like that; photos arranged and decorated and designed in a scrapbook. Unfortunately, i'm the person who makes things like that for other people, and nobody will make one for me, despite all of the hints i drop.

So, other than that number one wishlist item, here's what else is on the list...

* Will & Grace dvd box set
* Canon IXUS digital camera (either the 120, 110 or 105, i can't decide)
* A comic strip written/framed for me by my friend, Kath
* Bottled happiness.
* Books - anything that someone thinks i'd like
* A black ninja figure from the papershop around the corner
* Magazine subscriptions? Cosmo or Cleo or something with good articles...
* Something that could give me an unlimited amount of time to do my study
* Pretty hair slides
* 'Daisy' perfume by Marc Jacobs - eau de parfum, not eau de toilette (apparently mine is the crappy kind, as i was told recently)
* Birthday cards with lovely messages inside
* Boardgames! Like Monopoly, or Guess Who, or something with good trivia!

I have a feeling that i will get very few of those things. So i'll save up and buy them myself. I wish that people knew me well enough to give me things that mean something to me, rather than things that i never want or need or use... One day, i hope that people will learn to understand me.

Either way, i think this year will be a good birthday...

3 comments:

RosalieGrace said...

sweet heart, don't buy your own birthday cards...that's kinda loserish. if the worst comes to the worst, i'll buy a dozen and write different messages in them :P

Annabel said...

haha you're so funny :P

i will cross cards off my self-save list.

RosalieGrace said...

i love those ninjas too lol.