Thursday, April 26, 2007

Those Damn Poets Urging Us To Seize The Day

Good Advice?

Yet another thought provoking line from the ever-so-amazingly-fantastic Grey's Anatomy. Made me think. Seizing the day - worth it or not?

PROS:
Seizing the day can mean that we grab life by the horns, swing it in a 360 and watch it land, hoping that things will be different. Likelihood of that happening? From my personal experience, i'd say that's slim to nil. For some lucky people, life may just come down on the side of the dirty mistress, but for the most part, i'd say that seizing life by the horns will just end badly. However, that's just my opinion. And i am incredibly unlucky.

CONS:
I think that it's good to leave one's comfort zones, sure. But really, if leaving comfort zones means turning a life upside down, then i don't really think it's worth it. Trust me. I've done the seizing thing before. Lots of times. So far, no success. Really, all i ever achieve is general mayhem, awkwardness and my own personal hell.

So, i'm not such a huge fan of the seizing of the day. If you've had success in the area, i'd damn sure like to hear about it. Restore my faith in the words of those damn poets. But for now? I think i'll just stick with letting life run it's course, however unwanted that course maybe, and leave the seizing to someone else.

Annie

No comments: