Thursday, April 26, 2007

Kids Club

Holiday Fun

Where was i during the holidays that i was out of the house at least 10 hrs a day and willing to sleep the remaining 14 (although study made that impossible)? That would be Kids Club. A tri-annual event that tired the most energetic person in the world, while at the same time giving them warm fuzzy feelings. We had 79 kids over the course of the week and spent five days trying to keep them entertained, teach them something and keep them from engaging in any physical violence :P

We went to Brickworks to fly around on Go-Karts, Water boats and a mini-golf course. We went to the Plaster Fun House. Fly Higher Project played for the kids - we had our own mini-mosh pit! We played games. We ran crafts. We fed them. We taught them. We took the kids to Woodhouse and ran up Challenge Hill with them. Whew.

However, as much as i complain about the long hours, the tiring tasks, the neverending stream of conversation with the kids, the raised voices asi tried to get 30 kids to sit still in front of me and listen, i love it. Why else would i have done this three times a year for the last five years? And come myself as a child for the three before that? I love it. I love the kids, watching them grow up and learn something. I love looking after them and feeling the buzz that comes with making them happy. I love it. And i'll do it again.

But for now? I'm just tired. I need sleep! I'll have to be well rested - the mid-year holidays come up all too quickly!

Annie

No comments: