Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Scary Car Accident

This afternoon i was in a car accident. 

I had just dropped boyfriend off at work, and was driving home. The next thing i knew, i was hit. The impact forced my car towards the cars parked on the curb, so i spun the wheel away and swerved back across the two lanes. With a car coming towards me from the opposite direction, i finished spinning, completing a 180 and then the car stalled, facing the wrong way on the road.  Thankfully, there were no cars coming when i stepped shakily out of the car. 

A nice construction man ran over, and moved my car to the side of the road. Two ladies came running up to me; they'd seen the accident. Both gave me their details, one called the police and the other went to speak to the man who'd hit me. It had all happened so fast, i didn't even know what had gone on. They told me that the man had pulled out from the curb to throw a u-turn. The 60+ year old idiot hadn't looked carefully enough, and smashed into the back of my car. 

He tried to deny it was his fault, but the witnesses has seen everything. My poor car is smashed from the back bumper, to the front door. The police weren't coming, because we were neither drunk nor smashed up in the middle of the road. So, the old man went home, and the nice witness lady waited with me until my mum came, because i was shaky and in shock. We then had to wait ages for a tow truck to haul my car away.

Mum seemed to see the whole incident as more of a nuisance than a scare. But i was pretty shaken up. If there had been any other cars in my lane, or others coming in the opposite direction, there was no way i would have avoided them and the accident would have been so much worse than it was. As it is, my car will take weeks to fix. 

I'm just very glad that i, and everyone else involved, got out of the ordeal unscathed. That's the main thing. 


1 comment:

RosalieGrace said...

That sounds terrifying :(