Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sponsor Child

Finally! Hurray!

Finally, after almost an entire year, the details arrived from India about the children that some of us chose to sponsor at the end of our trip. At the time, the majority of us gave money for sponsorship; it was around $100 to sponsor a child for an entire year (food, housing, clothes, everything!). Most of us felt that we couldn't possibly leave and feel ok about ourselves if we didn't sponsor a child - we all spent that much on souvenirs!

Anyway, we spent this year wondering when/if we'd ever hear about where our monet ended up. Tonight, Dr.B pulled out a package from Chennai - and all our sponsorship details were inside!! Yay! I'll tell you about my kid...

Her name is Tamilarasi Anandaraj (A.Tamilarasi) and she was born on May 23rd, 1997. She's at lives in a girls hostel in Sholinghur, where she likes english and tennis ball. She goes to schoool at the CSI Goodlet Secondary School. Her father is a labourer and she has a brother named Robinraj. In her photo, she has long black hair in piggy-tails. Adorable!

I'm stoked. I've never had a sponsor kid before. It's especially special, becaue i know so much about the culture and the way that things work in the system there, having been there myself to see it. I'm already in love with my kid!

Annie

No comments: