Friday, June 15, 2007

Hmm... It Really Makes You Wonder

I've discovered a whole new meaning to 'one-track mind'...

Ok. So i get home from a twelve hour day. I'm tired. I'm cold. I'm about to settle in for three hours study before i get a few hours sleep, get up, work and then study again. I'm in a dodgy mood - because i HATE studying. As do we all. I'm sure many of you can relate to this feeling of ickiness. I know for a fact that LozK can, as she's abandoned her computer in search of a heater, as can BriSki, who's opted for some last minute study before her exam tomorrow.

So, i can totally deal with the moaning and groaning about the freezing conditions and the evil revision (yes, i truly do mean evil. trust me). However! When i come home, get stuck on a concept and come to msn for a quick moment of relief, what do i find? Stupidity, hitting me in the head at every turn.

What form does this stupidity take, you may ask? Well. I never really acknowledged this before, so it's striking me moreso tonight. I suppose it's really an age-old thing and i've been blinded by naievety until today.

Did you know that guys only talk to you when they want something? Either information on another girl, or a date with you, or advice on your girl trouble... apparently, they're yet to grasp the fact that people can just be FRIENDS without anything MORE - and can have an actual CONVERSATION!!! Grr... To say that i find this incredibly annoying would be the understatement of the millenium. One minute you talk to a person every night for hours on end. You're under the impression that you're friends. THEN, when he figures out that you're not interested in much more than a friendship, you're lucky to get five minutes once a week. WHY? WHO KNOWS?!? There is no logic there. Stupid.

AND. Another thing. One second they won't leave you alone, they're a hop-step-and-a-jump away from proposing. You give out the 'back off' vibe. The next second they're not only ignoring you, but they're hunting down one of your friends. Can anyone say 'subtle'? Lol, obviously not these guys.

Can you tell that i'm slightly annoyed this evening? Maybe i'll feel better once i've got my torts notes done... alternatively, i could feel equally annoyed. I'm hoping for option one, because it's obviously the cheerier option. However, i have a sneaking suspicion that i may fall into category two, at least in this particular situation. Poooooor blog readers, who have to read about my male-species complaints. I feel especially sorry for you if you think that i'm just an over dramatic teenager (which i quite possibly am). Buuuuut, you'll survive!

On another point: For everyone out there that's sitting exams in the next two weeks, GOOD LUCK! My fingers are crossed for you and i'm sure you'll do yourself proud!

Annie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Annie, I must let you know that i love reading your blogs, I can see that you and i are very similar! I agree so much with you about guys being stupid! I know one exactly the same!!! xo